Class Activities

The Gila Woodpecker – Penpal assignment

The Gila woodpecker is the animal I chose for my Pen-pals. I chose this animal because it is almost extinct in California. In Arizona it is recently taken out of endangered list, but it could get back on if Arizona decides to cut lots of trees for lots of paper or houses.

This is what I wrote on Pen-pals…

First website…

The website I found states, “The state of California listed the Gila woodpecker endangered in 1980.” lcrmscp.gov/species/gi…

Second website…

The next website I found states, “Human development and the spread of invasive species has decreased the riparian woodlands and the desert habitat.” The website also stated, “Human induced acts have also threatened the Gila Woodpecker such as cutting down trees.” sites.google.com/site/… A way us as people can help is by cutting down less trees than we do every single day. We need to cut down less trees and plant more than we cut. If we do not do this the Gila woodpecker will someday become extinct.

I hope you enjoyed my last Pen-pal writing. I hope I wrote good. If you can please leave comments about how to make it better. I will consider what everybody says. I will also add it to my writing if I think it will make it better, thank you!

Image result for gila woodpecker california

Sugar Skulls

Do you know about sugar skulls? If not then you should make one in celebration of Dia De Los Muertos. It is a celebration of the dead in mexico. “It’s not a gloomy or morbid occasion, rather it is a festive and colorful holiday celebrating the lives of those who have passed on. Day of the Dead is celebrated in Mexico between October 31st and November 2nd.” This time is to celebrate loved ones in joy and happiness for living their entire lives full and rich.

Copy this to get the website that I quoted.

https://www.tripsavvy.com/day-of-the-dead-in-mexico-1588764

How To Comment

For good comments you need to have positive and specific words not I hate this” say something like “I love this because…” and explain why you like it. For good comments you also need to make a connection with the writer. You also need a question to have a good comment. The final two things you need are new information don’t write the same thing some else wrote and write correct spelled words.